Project HELM (Health Enrollment for the LGBT Market), is an initiative of the LGBT Network to help LGBT Long Islanders navigate their healthcare options after the passage of the Affordable Care Act. Certified application counselors are on hand to help answer questions about coverage and the enrollment process.
Here is some important information to remember as the 2016 Open Enrollment Period begins:
Open Enrollment: begins November 1st and runs through January 31, 2016. Enrollment continues throughout the year for those eligible for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, as well as those with qualifying life events.
Tax Credit Income Level: raised to $47,080 for an individual and $97,000 for a family of four.
Medicaid Income Level: lowered to $15,654 for an individual and $32,252 for a family of four
NYS Now Offers the New Essential Plan: with a premium of either $0 or $20 for those who’s income falls at or below $23,540 for individuals and $48,500 for a family of four.
Easy Renewals: New York State has created an easy renewal process for those who enrolled through the NYS marketplace last year
All Plans Still Cover all of the 10 Essential Benefits:
- FREE Preventative Wellness and Chronic Disease Management, which includes flu shots, HIV/STD tests, substance use/abuse screenings;
- Laboratory and Imaging Services;
- Prescription drug coverage;
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse services, including counseling and psychotherapy;
- Ambulatory Care (doctor’s visits);
- Emergency Care;
- Maternity/New Born Care;
- Pediatric care, including pediatric vision and dental;
- Rehabilitation and Habilitative services and devices (to assist someone who is disabled, living with, or recovering from an injury or chronic illness)
Drop-in Enrollment Hours for this Enrollment Period are:
Center at Bay Shore – 631.665.2300
Wednesdays from 5 to 8 pm
Center at Woodbury – 516.323.0011
Thursdays from 5 to 8 pm
Hamptons LGBT Center – 631.899.4950
1st & 3rd Tuesday from 9 am to 1 pm