Starting School? Make Sure Your Insurance Has You Covered
When you move to another state, or even to a different part of New York, your current health insurance coverage might not cover the doctors and health clinics in your new location!
If your school does not provide you with a health insurance plan, you’ll want to check your options. Project Helm (Health Enrollment for the LGBT Marketplace) can help you get coverage, no matter where in the state – or country – you are moving to.
You don’t need to wait until the next open enrollment period! Project Helm can get your insurance changed TODAY!
Mark your Calendars: Health Insurance Open Enrollment
- 2015 open enrollment runs from November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015
- If you received a letter about rising premium costs, that is for your plan beginning in 2015:
You can enroll in a different plan for 2015, with more affordable rates
You can contact NYS of Health to appeal the rate increase, the insurance company must have their rate increases approved.
- Tax credits are available for those who’s individual or family income falls between 138% and 400% of the federal poverty level.
- The Medicaid income level for NYS remains at 138% of the federal poverty level, 2015 poverty levels will be released in early 2015. Medicaid enrollment is available all year round.
- The penalty for not having insurance in 2015 raises to 2% of your income, per person in your household or $325, per person in your household whichever calculation is higher.
This is due when you file your taxes in April.
On Mon., November 17th Project Helm will resume
drop-in hours for health insurance open enrollment.
Drop in hours are:
Wednesdays from 5-8 at
The Center at Bay Shore
Thursdays from 5-8 at
The Center at Woodbury
Appoinments for enrollment can be made if you can’t make drop-in hours, for more information please call 631.665.2300.