Countdown to Pride!
There’s really no better time to show your pride — or support for the GLBT community — than on Saturday, June 14th when the 24th Annual Long Island Gay Pride Parade and Pridefest, sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union, returns to Huntington Village.
Be among the more than 15,000 attendees, as a participant or spectator, and join in the fun. The parade kicks off at 12pm down Main Street, with PrideFest following in Heckscher Park, starting at 1pm.
Along with the marchers and floats, exhibitors and entertainers, everyone is invited to join in the festivities! If you need more encouragement, here are the Top 5 reasons why you should attend this year’s Pride celebration:
1. Show Your Pride. Celebrate being a part of or advocate for the GLBT community at Long Island’s largest GLBT event of the year. Cheer on the marchers and floats as they head down Main Street during the parade. With more than 15,000 people expected to attend, you’re sure to rub elbows with someone new! Families can spend some time in the Children’s Area with activities that everyone can enjoy.
2. Party at PrideFest. This year’s event is bringing top-notch performances from 80s/90s pop icon Taylor Dayne (“Tell It To My Heart”), Kristine W. (“I’ll Be Your Light”), and Prince Poppycock (finalist on “America’s Got Talent”) as well as local performers. PrideFest offers a range of fun and delicious amenites such as the beer garden, food trucks and dozens of other vendors offering souvenirs, novelty items and business promotions!
3. Experience Special TD Bank VIP Lounge. Participants will receive an exclusive gift bag, private bar with wine, plush lounge seating, a tent over head to provide shade from the sun, a great view of the stage, complimentary passed hors d’oeuvres, and if you’re a TD Bank cardholder, a private TD Bank fast-track entrance and gift bag.
4. Interact with GLBT Welcoming Businesses. Come and meet with services, retail, financial, apparel vendors and more serving the GLBT community.
5. Support The Network. From souvenir t-shirts to donations all proceeds from the event support The Network’s important mission to end homophobia and transphobia, provide a safe space for the GLBT community and advocate for equality.